Thursday, June 18, 2009

Amar'e headed to Minnesota?


I’ve been deeply disturbed by the high number of Phoenix Suns fans who want the organization to part ways with Amar’e Stoudemire. The up side to STAT’s game is still much to great that the Suns couldn’t possibly get equal value in return. That was until I then learned from RGreyslak @ Bright Side Of The Sun of a possible STAT to Minnesota for Al Jefferson and the #6 rumor that has been circulating. The simple thought of that deal happening made me completely reverse my point of view regarding Amar’e. If Steve Kerr is somehow able to pull of this trade, then I will recant all previous ill will I’ve directed toward him. I personally don’t see why ‘Sota would even think of making this deal. Even with the draft being subpar compared to normal standards, they would still be giving up far too much. Depending upon how well KG is able to recover from his knee injury, Minnesota may ultimately have gotten the best of the KG-Jefferson trade. Plus, ‘Sota finally rid themselves of GM/Head Coach Kevin McHale, which only diminishes the opportunity for a boneheaded move for which McHale was infamous. My gut feeling tells me that the T-Wolves wouldn’t even consider this deal, and apparently KTAR 620’s John Gambadoro agreed with me. Gambo reported via Twitter that there have been no formal discussions between Minnesota and Phoenix regarding this potential trade, and that the rumors are “total crap” I will report back when any new information develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment